Last minute Christmas Beauty Prep
Wow! Christmas kinda snuck up on me this year, as I’m sure it did for a few people! So with exactly two weeks left until the big day, and seeing family, food, food and more food, there’s nothing you can do beauty wise to prep right? Wrong! Here’s a list of a few things you can do to look your best on Christmas day and over the silly season.
- 2 Weeks Prior - Facial – There are so many out there, but if you want something that’s going to make a difference, opt for something a little high performance such as a chemical peel or microdermabrasion, rather than a facial that is therapeutic.
- 2 Weeks Prior - Injectables – I’d recommend getting these first, anti-wrinkle reaches it’s peak 2 weeks post treatment, and filler takes a few weeks to settle. Just remember, these things can sometimes require tweaking, which is why it’s usually recommended to have these procedures 4 weeks prior to an event. If this is a major concern, ask for a half dose of anti-wrinkle just to soften lines.
- 1-2 Weeks Prior- Manicure & Pedicure – For me, 2 weeks out from Christmas is fine for my toes as they grow so slowly, but for my nails, I’m wanting something a little closer to Christmas, know your body and make sure you get the timing of treatments right. Christmas is a time when you can get away with something a little more brightly coloured too if you’re usually a nude/subtle person but would like to walk on the wild side.
- 1 Week Prior - Lashes – Usually the recommended refill time is 2-3 weeks, at this time of year seeing a reputable lash technician may be hard, so you may need to shop around.
- 3-4 days prior - Spray tan – So depending on what sort of tan you like, if you’ve never had a tan before, I always prefer them a few days in, so don’t forget to look golden on the day and book your tan in. Tan’s are super quick so most places should still be able to squeeze you in.
- 2 days prior - Hair dresser – I’d recommend making an appointment now if you haven’t already, and if you can’t get in to see your regular hair dresser and you’re like me and don’t trust anyone else with your hair, just book in anywhere for a wash, blow dry and straighten, they always do the most beautiful job and your hair will still be silky smooth and looking luxurious on Christmas Day.
Well beauties, I hope this has helped and you look incredible on Christmas day, may your make-up stay in place, and your liner be winged af!
Until next time! xx